It’s that time of year!
And, – It’s Virtual
How to Participate
If you have paid for the 2021 ACB Of Oregon convention, you should have zoom connection information in your email.
If you would like to listen to the convention threw ACB Media 8 you can do so by asking Alexa, “Alexa ask ACB Media to play 8”, or listen on your web browser to ACB Media 8 in the web.
ACB of Oregon’s 67th Annual Convention – Oct. 22-24, 2021
Exciting Events Happening This Year
- Bid on a computer
- Learn to be “Fit & Healthy on a Budget”
- Enjoy wine tasting
- Win awesome door prizes
- Play “ACB of Oregon history” for a chance to win a $200 Visa card
- Lots of gift cards
- Come Hula Hoop with Tyanne
- Bid on Tupperware or a seafood basket
- Get updates from the Oregon Commission for the Blind & the Talking Book Library, & much, much, more!
You will need to order supplies for the Wine Tasting event and the Hoola-Hoop activity.
This will be our first auction, and you do not have to be registered for the convention to join.
If you would like to participate, join this webinar to participate in the auction, on Sunday, October 24th at 2:00 PM (Oregon Time).
You can also review a descriptions of the auction items on the 2021 Auction Item Description Page.
Supplies We Recommend & Where To Find Them
Wine Tasting Activity –
Dr. Hoby Wedler is our wine expert Friday night at 7pm Pacific Time. He has selected 2 excellent wines that you can purchase
& have sent directly to your home.
The 2 wines are:
– Current Vintage Francis Ford Coppola Diamond Sauvignon Blanc
– Current vintage Francis Ford Claret Red Blend
Attendees can either order online at:
or preferably call Dave Benson at: (707) 735-3521 between 7 AM and 3 PM Pacific time Monday-Friday.
Hoola Hoop Activity –
Do you have your hula hoop ready? Hula Hooping with Tyanne Wilmath will be on Friday at 2:30pm Pacific Time. Don’t forget to get those little people in your life ready with supplies too, my 9-year-old twin granddaughters will be joining us 😊
Choose 1 or both of the following:
Auoxer Fitness Exercise Weighted hoops, Lose Weight Fast by Fun Way to Workout, Fat Burning Healthy Model Sports Life, Detachable and Size Adjustable Design by Violete Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KCXM8H5/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_M8JPZ66H6C4PZQBKGQXF
Tyanne especially likes supporting an Oregon company, The Spinsterz based out of Bend, Oregon.
The Spinsterz Customizable Polypro Hoop | Best for Tricks and Advanced Hoop Dance by TheSpinsterz Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBB8BJN/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_3RYCEJVME872AMCMZ9CE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
What size? All this has my mind spinning in circles. Tyanne has supplied some wisdom:
Hoop Sizing for Beginners
Hoop sizing does NOT have to be hard or take a lot of science. If you follow the three simple steps below you will have a great beginner hoop in a matter of days! This guide is designed to help you to figure out what size hoop quickly and easily you need if you are brand new to hooping and then go and get it!
#1 Get the Facts on How to Size a Hoop
- The hoop when standing vertically on the ground should reach between your hip bone and three inches above your navel.
- The larger and heavier the hoop, the easier it will be to learn with. *
- Most adults start with a hoop between 38–42 inches in diameter.
- The diameter of the hoop is the distance from one edge of the hoop straight across to the other edge.
- Most beginner hoops are made from Polyethylene plastic, like what you might find at a hardware store.
- Most hoopers end up having several hoops, one for each style of hooping they learn.
* This is only true to a certain point, we suggest NOT getting one of those 3 pounds or heavier hoops as they are actually bad for your spine and can do harm to you. Sticking with a hoop no bigger than 42 inches is also recommended as the larger ones can carry a lot of momentum when moving fast and can also be bad for you.
Ready, set, let’s go – October 22-24 – It will be awesome 😊
Don’t miss the fun, and a lot of this years convention will be streamed on ACB Media 8. Tune in by either asking Alexa to ask ACB Media to play 8, or listen to ACB Media 8 in the web.